With most things in the Bible I believe there are black and white answers to the question, however in researching clothing it seems to vary depending on the role you are in as far as clothing is concerned. But lets start at the beginning.
Can I goto church naked?
I know you may be thinking ok this is a little to far right? Well there is a little merit to the madness and that is do you know why you wear clothes at all? Why not be like the animals and be who you are? Clothing started out in Genesis as a way to cover the sin and shame that was induced by eating the forbidden fruit. Genesis 3:7 says "Then the eyes of both of them were opened, and they realized they were naked; so they sewed fig leaves together and made coverings for themselves." When Adam and Eve had done this they immediately new sin and desperately wanted clothing to hide their shame and fashioned clothing out of fig trees. So then God comes walking through the garden and is looking for Adam and Eve and explains how what they did was wrong and how it would effect the world for the rest of time. God then also fashioned Adam and Eve some new clothes out of the skins from animals. So as you can see from the beginning some clothing is required.
Different clothing for man and woman
The next piece of the puzzle is the type of clothing based on gender. A man or woman should wear clothing that is meant for their gender. There are many obvious reason for this despite the fact that the utility of the others clothing doesn't match. Deuteronomy 22:5, “The woman shall not wear that which pertaineth unto a man, neither shall a man put on a woman's garment: for all that do so are abomination unto the LORD thy God." One of the common questions is can women wear pants since men do. As the times go on fashions change, and pants on women have become a very popular item. The idea is still the same. Women wear womens pants and men please wear something manly.
- Do you think that part of giving God your best means that you wear the finest clothes?
- Are you a member of a Church? If so do you feel the calling to teach to others? If so how would you dress to present yourself to the person to project the best image in Gods eyes?
- How would you react if someone did come into church wearing rags?
- Show up to Church how you normally are. Get an idea how people perceive you in the church.
- Search the bible for more evidence to why you dress the way you do.
- If you try these please comment below and tell your finding.